Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reech's Big New Log

2009-01-04 Rybury. Did a bit of weatehr chasing. Got to Rybury and it was spot on! Nobody else on the hill though. No unaccompanied flying so I waited for someone to turn up. Was about to give up when Fiona arrived. So we flew. A few others turned up and we flew some more! Was all a bit light really so it was one glider at a time. We all amused ourselves greatly and did loads of ground handling as well. T'were fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkBsNa8sU...annel_page

Interestin videos Reech, brought back some memories for me, I've not flown Mere for almost thirty years. I was flying there one day when I noticed a piece of cloth blowing in the wind but travelling upwind. I lost height to check it out and it turned out to be a big Jack polecat, so I landed and caught it and my wife cuddled it till I had done flying and we took it to the local pub and left it there so they could try and find the owner. Never went back to the pub so don't know what happened to it. Had some nice flights there,and at Westbury and Bossington. My local site was Ubley.

The bird of time has but a little way to flutter..............and Lo, the bird is on the wing.

Skype name is norris411

Hey Reech, maybe your GPS will take you to Pontlottyn if you spell it correctly mate!!!! Next time remember it is just behind my house, call in for a coffee!!

The bird of time has but a little way to flutter..............and Lo, the bird is on the wing.

Skype name is norris411

Couple of nice write ups there mate. Me and Cookie will have to come out with you sometime, be nice to break new ground.

Skype name is norris411