Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wattsy's Flying antics!

9/01/12

First day flying of the year!Plan was Rhosilli. Nights the night before, finished early, 2am instead of 6. Got down Rhosilli about Midday. After pulling up the Hill looked to be in Orographic. Rocked up the top to find completely in fog :-(. Had a good play around with the wing, first time out of the bag in two months! wow the wing is red, thought it was blue! LOL Ended up fed up of waiting for the Orographic to clear, walked down to the pimple. It was very light but there was a few who already taken off and were soaring the other side of the orographic. Decided to take off. Took of and was very surprised of good the lift band was considering how light the wind was on the pimple. Managed to practice a couple of small wingovers. fair play to Idris, Performing a SAT in a sleeping bag. Niceone. Stue kelly needed to go to work, so we decided to land on the beach and go for a pint. but as the lift was so good. we decided that the raised beach would be worth a go. So we lost our height and tried to have a go. Got down to height and there was no lift at all! lOL had to land, and we was quite a way from the steps, bunch up and go for a walk! Packed up, pint in the Worms head with Stu Kelly,Idris, Guy, Nice to see Shane and Daffyd. Sweet Start!

Total Time: 1Hr

Total for year: 1Hr

13 Kms more than I, Wattsy. Thanks helping me lift my GS to the upright position at HS. Can't believe I drove 10,000 miles around Oz without a hitch and managed to drop it at HS  ;D . BTW the bike weighs 1/4 ton ! plus the 25Kgs PG, which, because it was stacked high-up on the back, prob helped topple me over.
Well done on the XC. Been to Graig y nos from HS on many occassions. Keep the enthusiasm flowing; it rubs off on everyone ;D

How are your bollocks doing now mate  :-D ?

Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod

Think that land at Grovesend is ex landfill, ideal though. Motor on ;-)

Nice Job Wattsy, your getting a little bit of an xc expert  :-)

I had no idea you lived in a Chinese home... :-) :-).

Ha!! Nice 1 PhilSmile We went to " Sea Garden" on the way home from RhossiliSmile For those who dont know it its just outside Penclawdd, lovely food, can highly reccommend the sea weed and fish dishes!! Will be stopping there again after a day's flying Rhossili ;D

"If you were born without wings,do nothing to prevent them from growingWink"

Well, - judging by that photo of Phil Thomas (scroll down) .............. it looks as if he's been participating in that extreme sport ..............................Budgie Jumping!!    OR    even possibly , the other exreme sport of  ....................Parrot-shooting!!!
(Sorry folks - feeling silly tonight!!, - must be my frustration at not getting airborne today - while taxying out in G-LEEK, the yellow peril, I discovered that my left toe-brake was not working, and so it was back to the hangar for me  :'( ! ..........  should have gone to Rhossili!)
Wattsy - pity about the bike ...................... BUT now you have a Ducati that can fly !!!  ;D  - much better!!

(15-07-2012, 08:03 PM)Gron link Wrote:Well, - judging by that photo of Phil Thomas (scroll down) .............. it looks as if he's been participating in that extreme sport ..............................Budgie Jumping!!    OR    even possibly , the other exreme sport of  ....................Parrot-shooting!!!
(Sorry folks - feeling silly tonight!!, - must be my frustration at not getting airborne today - while taxying out in G-LEEK, the yellow peril, I discovered that my left toe-brake was not working, and so it was back to the hangar for me  :'( ! ..........  should have gone to Rhossili!)
Wattsy - pity about the bike ...................... BUT now you have a Ducati that can fly !!!  ;D  - much better!!

Hmmm, perhaps I do need to rethink my profile pic....

Excellent Wattsy!  Glad you didn't have to use my reserve  :| !
Hope to get out paramotoring with you soon - after I get a trip to the Olympics, and then to the National Eisteddfod of Wales out of the way first!
G-LEEK has been occupying most of my flying so far this year!